Join Our Team
Our associates work on projects
with deep impact in our community.
Careers at Waldron
Do you share our passion for helping people and organizations realize their full potential?
Whether it's helping a growing philanthropy rapidly build capacity and increase their impact, or helping an individual leader become more effective...we are proud of the ripple effect on the local, national, and global communities.
We work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment that offers ample opportunity for challenge, intellectual stimulation, and professional development. Our work requires a high degree of cultural competency and an exceptional level of communication and leadership skill.
If you are interested in hearing about future openings at Waldron, please email our Managing Director of Talent, Loribeth Dalton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Waldron is a leading for-benefit consulting firm serving clients in the private and social sectors. For over 35 years, Waldron has helped organizations and individuals realize their full potential and sharpen their competitive edge. Across our three practice areas — Retained Search, Effective Organizations, and Career Transition — we design creative, flexible solutions that are executed with individualized attention and thoughtful client service resulting in measurable impact. We assist regional, national, and global clients with a full range of talent management services and are proud to be a Certified B Corporation™.
- Senior Consultant – Contract Career Transition Practice - Multiple Locations
Waldron’s passion is helping people and organizations realize their full potential and increase their impact. Across our Career Transition practice, we are known for our responsiveness, discretion, compassion, sound strategic counsel, and deep local connections. Our consultative approach helps business leaders resolve their critical talent development, alignment, and transition challenges. Our equity ownership of Career Partners International (CPI) allows us to seamlessly serve our clients on a global footprint. Waldron seeks a Senior Consultant for its Career Transition practice with the same commitment to helping people and organizations realize their full potential. Waldron is always seeking to identify high-potential team members; we accept contract Senior Consultants submissions for any of our locations on an ongoing basis. Our offices that provide Career Transition services include Seattle, Portland, Phoenix, Salt Lake City, and Boise.
The primary role is to provide one-on-one coaching and group services to professionals in career transition. A contracted Senior Consultant trains and coaches participants in preparing themselves for the job market including personal assessment, resume development, personal branding, networking and interviewing.
Key Responsibilities & Deliverables:
- Supports job seeker clients in setting job search/transition objectives while developing realistic work plans to achieve results
- Actively engages clients in services by monitoring their participation and progress against plans and proactively scheduling them for regular in-person meetings
- Creates innovative and strategic business solutions for client job seekers; applies local market knowledge, business experience, information and analytical perspectives to improve and accelerate participants’ success
- Provides career coaching at all levels with the objective of achieving tangible and timely outcomes with participants
- Delivers engaging, impactful presentations, presenting concepts clearly and concisely; applies learning principles to seminar design/delivery and appropriately adjusts presentations to meet the needs of the audience
- Leverages marketplace connections to make select and key introductions for clients
- Directly responsible for developing materials to include: resumes, online profiles, bios and correspondence for job seeker clients
- Provide ongoing client updates to Career Transition leadership both written and verbal including monthly reports
Ideal Candidate Profile
Our ideal Senior Consultant has a demonstrated ability to coach and provide effective, professional feedback and career transition/job search techniques and strategy to individuals and groups at all levels including senior business executives in career transition. S/he develops, delivers and facilitates impactful presentations to individuals and groups, engaging workshops and discussions; strong, active listening skills.
The successful Contract Senior Consultant recognizes problems and responds with a sense of urgency, using good judgment; makes timely, thoughtful, sometimes difficult decisions; seeks and accepts input from others; has effective influencing skills. S/he is comfortable working independently as well as in following policies and protocols; comfortable with ambiguity and change in an evolving business environment. S/he has strong written, verbal and non-verbal communication and interpersonal skills, and has demonstrated experience with job search best practices, report queries, project management and critical thinking skills.
Proficiency with PC and MAC platforms is desirable with expert use of Office including Word, PowerPoint and Excel and copyediting is essential.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Human Resources, Adult Education, or similar 5+ years of experience in business management, consultant services, human resources, recruiting/placement, training & development and at least 2 years career coaching required, in an institutional customer-paid environment preferred.
To Be Considered
We are committed to hiring a diverse workforce. Please send cover letter and resume to Kate Lang, Managing Director, Career Transition Services email@example.com.
- Search Associate / Recruiting Coordinator - San Francisco, CA
As a key member of Waldron’s Search team, the Associate plays an integral role in ensuring high-quality service is delivered to Waldron clients. The successful candidate will be a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, highly entrepreneurial, and goal-oriented environment. A demonstrated ability to use the internet, databases, and other technology-based tools to gather data and to communicate with networks and individuals, and to solve process and technical/system challenges, is essential. This position requires direct contact with clients, candidates who are seeking executive-level positions, and Waldron staff. The following skills are essential to the role: a superior research aptitude using a variety of internet and social media techniques, ability to effectively manage processes, databases, and software functionality to achieve objectives, excellent project and time management, strong written and verbal communication skills, and solutions-based critical thinking.
Key responsibilities include:
- Research: Work with the Retained Search team in developing research strategies to identify candidates for positions, including constructing company target lists and researching candidate profiles; creating source lists based on the approved position description; conducting internet research to identify additional potential candidates and sources; and organizing data and research findings into reports.
- Visibility and Outreach: Manage processes related to visibility and outreach to candidates, such as posting to external websites (including LinkedIn), managing internal processes for outreach to potential candidates, and ensuring data integrity of Salesforce database to reflect all candidate interaction.
- Search Operations: Provide general operational and administrative support to individual searches, such as setup of searches in various databases, preparation of electronic and paper materials for clients and candidates, etc.
- Administrative Support: Administrative tasks as needed including correspondence and scheduling, event organization, documenting processes, updating materials, etc.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
Ideal Candidate Profile
Our ideal Associate will have a strong affinity for collaboration; a successful track record of being an effective team player, and enjoy using data and technology to solve problems. They will know how to move with urgency when prioritizing and completing tasks, with the demonstrated ability to deliver results. They will be an enthusiastic champion of our clients' needs and demonstrate a commitment to taking a hands-on approach to the work.
The ability to manage multiple search projects simultaneously with a high degree of accuracy and timeliness, while demonstrating flexibility in the face of changing project needs, is essential. An excellent communicator with superior interpersonal skills, the ideal candidate must be comfortable interacting with experienced professionals via email, phone, and in-person to discuss the particulars of a search. Candidates must be friendly, proactive, approachable, flexible, professional, diligent, detail-oriented, and know how to set a high personal performance bar and meet it.
The candidate will be joining Waldron’s growing location in San Francisco and must be comfortable in an evolving work environment. A bachelor's degree and one year of relevant professional experience are required. The successful candidate must be passionate about the objective of placing the right candidate in the right role, while supporting the mission-driven work of the organizations we serve.
To Be Considered
We are committed to hiring a diverse workforce. Please send your resume and a cover letter explaining your interest in the role to Jenn Raley Miller, Search Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.