Join Our Team
Our associates work on projects
with deep impact in our community.
Careers at Waldron
Do you share our passion for helping people and organizations realize their full potential?
Whether it's helping a growing philanthropy rapidly build capacity and increase their impact, or helping an individual leader become more effective...we are proud of the ripple effect on the local, national, and global communities.
We work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment that offers ample opportunity for challenge, intellectual stimulation, and professional development. Our work requires a high degree of cultural competency and an exceptional level of communication and leadership skill.
If you are interested in hearing about future openings at Waldron, please email our Managing Director of Talent, Loribeth Dalton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Waldron is a leading for-benefit consulting firm serving clients in the private and social sectors. For over 35 years, Waldron has helped organizations and individuals realize their full potential and sharpen their competitive edge. Across our two practice areas — Effective Organizations and Career Development & Transition — we design creative, flexible solutions executed with individualized attention and thoughtful client service resulting in measurable impact. We assist regional, national, and global clients with a full range of talent management services and are proud to be a Certified B Corporation™.
- Directors of Operations
Waldron CPI (Career Partners International) seeks to help individuals become the best version of themselves, believing it helps an organization be the best version of itself. It is foundational to our purpose and values—beginning with our employee experience and leading to exceptional client experiences.
The Director of Operations must have previous leadership experience and be a hands-on contributor to certain project workflows. This role reports to the COO, while closely partnering with the Career Practice and Effective Organizations practice leaders on a day-to-day basis. In this role, we seek an individual who:
- Has demonstrated experience working in fast-paced, complex, business services-based environments supporting multiple stakeholders.
- This individual will need to be a firm and empathetic leader with a track record of effectively leading individual contributors with clear expectations and context to hit deadlines and proactively support key stakeholder needs.
- Additionally, this person should pride themselves on analyzing the potential pitfalls of a plan, considers precision to be a superpower, understands – and demonstrates - the importance of being both diplomatic and frank when communicating, and welcomes the collaboration of others in order to ‘get it right’ versus needing to ‘be right.’
Only if the above deeply resonates with you, then please read on.
This position leads the team that supports both the Career and Effective Organizations Practice leaders and creates cross-functional partnerships throughout the organization.
There are several key elements this leader will be responsible for driving. These include, but aren’t limited to:
- Apply hands-on experiences to support customer excellence, such as regularly QA’ing teams work or developing or evolving process when gaps or needs emerge.
- Building individual contributor skills to maintain a cross-trained agile workforce that can flex to the market demands of each practice.
- Providing inspirational leadership for the team and broader organization where this role interacts.
- Creating/managing operational performance goals for the individuals and collective group, that align with measurements each practice and practice leader are held to achieve while fostering partnership and accountability within each role.
- Partnering with internal practitioners to support client-facing deliverables; project manage defined timelines, survey launches, etc.; join client calls to support advancing Waldron operations deliverables; coordinating schedules of key stakeholders related to a defined project; etc.
- Work with the Effective Organization’s Waldron coach/consultant community to maintain engagement and foster strategic partnerships.
The Purpose Of This Team
The primary goals of this team are to:
- Act as a central unit of the organization that flexes to capacity needs and pulls together cross-functional team members to deliver on, and exceed client expectations
- Own, assess, and evolve (in partnership with the practice leaders) the operational systems, processes, and workflows that support everyone else’s work
- Be responsive to changing priorities based on client and stakeholder needs
- Support the revenue-generating arms of the Career and Effective Organization practices through project management and coordination efforts (both internal and external client-facing)
Success Factors and Necessary Traits for this Role:
- Traits: systems thinker, customer-centric, solution-oriented, agile, collaborative, active listener, precise attention to detail, diplomatic yet direct, clear verbal and written communicator, effective at enforcing team’s commitments and deliverables through a warm and empathetic approach, curious in seeking others perspective.
- Interest in understanding how the different areas of the business function and align with operations strategically and practically.
- Self-starter, able to see a challenge or opportunity and address it head-on.
- Ability to collaborate, influence, and build relationships among all members of the Waldron organization.
- Flexible and agile with the ability to adapt, strong tolerance for constructive change.
- Able to balance ‘big picture’ considerations and multiple stakeholder perspectives/needs with the finer details of operational process and implementation.
- Proactive and curious; skilled in seeking, synthesizing, and reflecting relevant information in clear communications, work planning, and project management approaches.
- Relationship and stakeholder attentive; socially adept, strong rapport building and active listening, oriented towards mutually beneficial problem-solving of shared challenges.
- Comfort in having difficult yet necessary conversations to stay current, enrich relationships, and keep the business moving forward.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Business Administration, Data Analysis, Operations/Logistics, or related field.
- 5 or more years of leading cross-functional teams (operations, project management, or equivalent solutions) in a service-based organization.
- Demonstrated interest and applied knowledge of best practices in, business administration, data analysis and reporting, communications, operations, and a broad understanding of business roles and industries, organizational and leadership development, career development, and/or HR.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to assess for patterns, uncover errors, and offer recommendations based on data and reports.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a dynamic work environment, communicate regularly and adhere to deadlines and service line agreements.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member within a hybrid, flexible working environments (remote and in-office).
- Proficient with Office 365 suite (esp. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Good familiarity with CRM tools, i.e., Hubspot, Salesforce, or similar.
- Smartsheet, Trello familiarity, or similar work management tools.
- Project Management training or certification.
To Be Considered
Waldron requires that all employees be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Please be prepared to share proof of completed vaccination if requested. We are committed to hiring a diverse workforce. Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Waldron offers competitive benefits including, but not limited to, company-paid employee healthcare, 401-K matching, and commuter benefits.
About Waldron CPI
Waldron CPI believes in empowering organizations and individuals to realize their full potential.
For over 35 years, Waldron CPI has helped high-performing executives and organizations lead the process of change, individual and organization transformation, giving Waldron specialized insight into the complexity involved in adapting to rapidly changing business environments. Viewed as a trusted advisor, we partner deeply with our clients. We are committed to providing truthful insights delivered discreetly, in a clear and concise manner. Our highly tailored engagements move individuals and organizations to achieve desired results and outcomes. We assist regional, national, and global clients with a full range of talent management services and are proud to be a Certified B Corporation™.
- Marketing Intern (Project-based) - Seattle and remote
Waldron CPI (Career Partners International) seeks to help individuals become the best version of themselves, believing it helps an organization be the best version of itself. It is foundational to our purpose and values and begins at our employee experience and leads to exceptional client experiences.
We seek a self-driven college senior or recent graduate who is ready to leap into their next big career adventure. As our Marketing Project Intern, you will get to work on important projects shaping our B2B client experiences over a 60-90 day period. You will help to plan and execute them. This includes working with team members, sharing ideas, orchestrating project meetings with stakeholders, updating project boards, and creating materials around decisions you helped bring to life. You must be a strong, courageous communicator, love technology, lean into problems, be a deep thinker, and be an action-taker.
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you!
Key Responsibilities & Deliverables:
• Brainstorm ideas with the business that increases our audience and convert leads.
• Build digital and collateral content with internal colleagues and creatives.
• Create copy for emails to support marketing for lead nurture and sales campaigns.
• Write and/or improve the details needed to clearly document processes of recurring projects.
• Coordinate with internal team members to get projects done. Monitor project results and ensures that they are completed as requested.
Ideal Candidate Profile
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of an organization.
• Project management experience successfully creating and managing projects to completion.
• Excellent presentation skills, strong communication skills, and amazing interpersonal skills.
• Ability to assess problems and solve them with a strong sense of urgency.
• The desire to be creative and to create better client-focused experiences.
• Ability to foster collaboration, handle deadlines and juggle multiple responsibilities.
• Ability to learn internal systems and the role each plays in a project's scope.
• Client-oriented (internal and external).
• Proficient with MS Word, Excel.
• Knowledge of human resources is a huge plus!
• Knowledge of data analytics is a huge plus!
• Knowledge of internet technologies, email, and web design techniques is a huge plus!
To Be Considered
Waldron values differences and believes they make us a stronger organization. We are committed to attracting and retaining qualified talent from diverse backgrounds and creating a work environment that values every individual for his or her distinctive skills, experiences, and perspectives.
Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Senior Consultant – Contract Career Transition Practice - Multiple Locations
Waldron’s passion is helping people and organizations realize their full potential and increase their impact. Across our Career Transition practice, we are known for our responsiveness, discretion, compassion, sound strategic counsel, and deep local connections. Our consultative approach helps business leaders resolve their critical talent development, alignment, and transition challenges. Our equity ownership of Career Partners International (CPI) allows us to seamlessly serve our clients on a global footprint. Waldron seeks a Senior Consultant for its Career Transition practice with the same commitment to helping people and organizations realize their full potential. Waldron is always seeking to identify high-potential team members; we accept contract Senior Consultants submissions for any of our locations on an ongoing basis. Our offices that provide Career Transition services include Seattle, Portland, Phoenix, Salt Lake City, and Boise.
The primary role is to provide one-on-one coaching and group services to professionals in career transition. A contracted Senior Consultant trains and coaches participants in preparing themselves for the job market including personal assessment, resume development, personal branding, networking and interviewing.
Key Responsibilities & Deliverables:
- Supports job seeker clients in setting job search/transition objectives while developing realistic work plans to achieve results
- Actively engages clients in services by monitoring their participation and progress against plans and proactively scheduling them for regular in-person meetings
- Creates innovative and strategic business solutions for client job seekers; applies local market knowledge, business experience, information and analytical perspectives to improve and accelerate participants’ success
- Provides career coaching at all levels with the objective of achieving tangible and timely outcomes with participants
- Delivers engaging, impactful presentations, presenting concepts clearly and concisely; applies learning principles to seminar design/delivery and appropriately adjusts presentations to meet the needs of the audience
- Leverages marketplace connections to make select and key introductions for clients
- Directly responsible for developing materials to include: resumes, online profiles, bios and correspondence for job seeker clients
- Provide ongoing client updates to Career Transition leadership both written and verbal including monthly reports
Ideal Candidate Profile
Our ideal Senior Consultant has a demonstrated ability to coach and provide effective, professional feedback and career transition/job search techniques and strategy to individuals and groups at all levels including senior business executives in career transition. S/he develops, delivers and facilitates impactful presentations to individuals and groups, engaging workshops and discussions; strong, active listening skills.
The successful Contract Senior Consultant recognizes problems and responds with a sense of urgency, using good judgment; makes timely, thoughtful, sometimes difficult decisions; seeks and accepts input from others; has effective influencing skills. S/he is comfortable working independently as well as in following policies and protocols; comfortable with ambiguity and change in an evolving business environment. S/he has strong written, verbal and non-verbal communication and interpersonal skills, and has demonstrated experience with job search best practices, report queries, project management and critical thinking skills.
Proficiency with PC and MAC platforms is desirable with expert use of Office including Word, PowerPoint and Excel and copyediting is essential.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Human Resources, Adult Education, or similar 5+ years of experience in business management, consultant services, human resources, recruiting/placement, training & development and at least 2 years career coaching required, in an institutional customer-paid environment preferred.
To Be Considered
We are committed to hiring a diverse workforce. Please send cover letter and resume to Kate Lang, Managing Director, Career Transition Services email@example.com.