Join Our Team
Our consultants and associates work on projects
with deep impact in our community.
Careers at Waldron
Do you share our passion for helping people and organizations realize their full potential? Our consultants and associates work on projects with deep impact in our community.
Whether it's helping a growing NGO rapidly build capacity and increase their impact, or helping an individual leader become more effective, the ripple effect of our work is exceptional.
We work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment that offers ample opportunity for challenge, intellectual stimulation, and professional development. Our work requires a high degree of cultural competency and an exceptional level of communication and leadership skill.
If you are interested in hearing about future openings at Waldron, please email us at email@example.com.
Waldron is a leading Western U.S. based for-benefit consulting firm serving clients in the private and social sectors. For over 30 years, Waldron has helped organizations and individuals realize their full potential and sharpen their competitive edge. Across our four practice areas — Retained Search, Leadership Consulting, Executive Coaching, and Career Transition — we design creative, flexible solutions that are executed with individualized attention and thoughtful client service resulting in measurable impact. We assist regional, national, and global clients with a full range of talent management services and are proud to be a Certified B Corporation™. Waldron is in the midst of a significant expansion and has achieved unprecedented growth across the business for the past several years.
Waldron values inclusion, diversity, and social responsibility. We demonstrate these attributes not only in our service delivery across practice areas, but also internally as part of our overall corporate identity.
- Accountant - Seattle, WA
Waldron is searching for an Accountant who is interested in contributing to the success of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization. We are passionate about our work and need someone committed to playing a key supporting role in helping us achieve our goals. Reporting to the Controller, the Accountant provides support for all members of the Waldron team in all areas related to accounting, including, but not limited to, accounts payable, accounts receivable, invoicing, vendor management, purchasing and contract management. She/he will have the ability to manage a high volume of transactions accurately and under tight deadlines. The Accountant will be the first point of contact to answer questions and interact with many different functional people on different levels of the organization.
- Timely client and project invoicing
- Accounts receivable and payables management
- Travel expense management and tracking; reporting to principals on variances to policy or approved practice
- Credit card expense management and general ledger entry
- Assist in contracts administration
- Vendor management and reporting
- Oversee records retention and data integrity maintenance
- Create and manage physical asset tracking system
- Create and manage preferred supplier program
- Interface with practice leads to ensure accurate client billing
- Support Controller in initiative to streamline processes and enhance profitability
We are seeking an adaptable candidate with excellent interpersonal skills, who has integrity and enjoys working in a collaborative environment. She/he must have professional written and verbal communication skills, demonstrate resourcefulness in setting priorities, managing time, and mastering details. This individual is comfortable supporting multiple internal customers, and is someone who gives and accepts accountability with ease. We seek someone who is accurate, honest, and values our positive, inclusive culture. An independent self-starter who is proactive with follow-up and timely with deliverables will be successful in this professional environment.
- BS/BA desired or equivalent in accounting or bookkeeping
- Minimum of 3 years of accounting/bookkeeping experience, ideally in a similar role working for entrepreneur-owned, closely-held professional services firm.
- Knowledge of Mac operating systems and QuickBooks is highly desired
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications required
- Experience working with Salesforce CRM or other relational databases a plus.
We are committed to hiring a diverse workforce. Please email resume and cover letter to Loribeth Dalton, Managing Director-Talent firstname.lastname@example.org
- Administrative Associate - San Francisco, CA
As an indispensable support to Waldron’s San Francisco office, the Administrative Associate plays an integral role in ensuring high-quality service is delivered to Waldron’s Executive Search clients and candidates. The successful candidate will be a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, highly entrepreneurial, and goal-oriented environment.
The Administrative Associate must have strong customer service and organization skills, and multitask accurately and on time. All candidates must also share traits familiar to the Waldron team: friendly, helpful, flexible, approachable, professional, diligent, and accurate. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential, paired with a relentlessly positive can-do attitude with clients and peers.
This position’s responsibilities demand both creativity and close attention to detail. Most critically, the candidate needs to prioritize and re-prioritize, work under pressure, communicate effectively, and manage time impeccably. A natural orientation toward problem-solving using technology – hardware as well as database systems – is a valued quality.
- Office operations, including inventory, ordering, and organizing supplies; vendor management; coordination with building management; facilities projects; etc.
- Receptionist duties, primarily offering a high level of hospitality to guests; phone duties are included but minimal
- Meeting coordination: Coordinate the use of space and ensure all spaces are orderly and ready for use, including setup of technology or hospitality as needed. Provide support to meeting logistics (phone, video, and in-person), including occasional travel logistics as needed.
- Executive Search duties as assigned: Data entry, data maintenance, and search research. Print and assemble materials. Correspond with candidates and clients in support of search projects.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned
Ideal Candidate Profile
Our ideal Administrative Assistant will gravitate toward a desire to support a small, but growing team of colleagues along with a natural talent for providing exceptional, relationship-building customer service to external stakeholders. S/he will know how to move with urgency when prioritizing and completing tasks, with the demonstrated ability to deliver results. S/he will be an enthusiastic champion of our clients' needs and demonstrate a commitment to taking a hands-on approach to the work.
A strong commitment to accuracy and timeliness is essential. Candidates must be friendly, proactive, approachable, flexible, professional, diligent, detail-oriented, and know how to set a high personal performance bar and meet it.
The ideal candidate will be joining Waldron’s growing office in San Francisco and must be comfortable in an evolving work environment. A minimum of one year of relevant experience in a professional setting is required; a bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience is expected. The successful candidate must be passionate about helping the organizations we serve build strong teams to carry out their vital missions.
To Be Considered
We are committed to hiring a diverse workforce. Please send your resume and a cover letter explaining your interest in the role to Loribeth Dalton, Managing Director, Talent at email@example.com for consideration.
- Senior Associate, Executive Search - San Francisco, CA
As a key member of Waldron’s Search team, the Senior Associate plays an integral role in ensuring high-quality service is delivered to both internal and external stakeholders. The successful candidate is a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, highly entrepreneurial, and goal-oriented environment. This position involves direct contact with clients, candidates who are seeking executive-level positions, and Waldron staff. The role requires superb written and verbal communication, with a strong orientation towards customer service and project management. Displaying a proactive workstyle, the Senior Associate will anticipate needs, effectively tailor his/her communication style to various audiences and be comfortable managing up to senior staff within the company to keep to search timelines. An aptitude for systems, technology and research are also critical to undertaking the responsibilities of this position.
- Project Management (30%)
- Oversee and hold stakeholders accountable to search timeline, adjusting and being flexible as needed.
- Anticipate needs of the internal team and clients to ensure alignment, clarity and timeliness.
- Research Support (20%)
- Organize, summarize and report out on research/outreach trends and findings. Use this information to iterate on ongoing search tactics.
- Conduct research and source prospective candidates.
- Propose and implement research and outreach strategies in partnership with Search Directors, Marketing and the Research team.
- Outreach and Interviewing (20%)
- Sit in on and, as appropriate, conduct outreach calls, interviews and reference checks.
- Synthesize information from clients to help write position profiles, conduct outreach calls and answer questions about the position.
- Build positive relationships with clients and candidates through various forms of communication.
- Administrative Support (30%)
- Ensure data integrity in Salesforce and other systems
- Provide support to meeting logistics (scheduling, facilitation and occasional travel logistics, as needed).
- Respond immediately to emails and ensure superb communication with clients and candidates.
Our ideal Senior Associate has a strong affinity for collaboration, a successful track record of being an effective team player, and understands the key components of project management. S/he knows how to move with urgency when prioritizing and completing tasks, with the demonstrated ability to deliver results against multiple and competing deadlines. S/he is an enthusiastic champion of our clients' needs and demonstrates a commitment to taking a hands-on approach to the work.
The ability to manage multiple search projects simultaneously with a high degree of accuracy and timeliness, while demonstrating flexibility in the face of changing project needs, is essential. An excellent communicator with superior interpersonal skills, the ideal candidate must be comfortable interacting with experienced professionals via email, phone, and in-person to discuss the particulars of a search. Candidates must be friendly, proactive, approachable, flexible, professional, diligent, detail-oriented, and know how to set a high personal performance bar and meet it.
The candidate will be joining Waldron’s growing location in San Francisco and must be comfortable in an evolving work environment. A bachelor's degree and/or two to three years of relevant professional experience are required. The successful candidate must be passionate about the objective of placing the right candidate in the right role, while supporting the mission-driven work of the organizations we serve.
To be considered, please send a cover letter and resume to Loribeth Dalton at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are committed to hiring a diverse workforce. We care about our hard-working staff and offer a comprehensive, competitive benefits plan including health, dental, and 401K program.
- Project Management (30%)
- Senior Consultant – Contract Career Transition Practice - Multiple Locations
Waldron’s passion is helping people and organizations realize their full potential and increase their impact. Across our Career Transition practice, we are known for our responsiveness, discretion, compassion, sound strategic counsel, and deep local connections. Our consultative approach helps business leaders resolve their critical talent development, alignment, and transition challenges. Our equity ownership of Career Partners International (CPI) allows us to seamlessly serve our clients on a global footprint. Waldron seeks a Senior Consultant for its Career Transition practice with the same commitment to helping people and organizations realize their full potential. Waldron is always seeking to identify high-potential team members; we accept contract Senior Consultants submissions for any of our locations on an ongoing basis. Our offices that provide Career Transition services include Seattle, Portland, Phoenix, Salt Lake City, and Boise.
The primary role is to provide one-on-one coaching and group services to professionals in career transition. A contracted Senior Consultant trains and coaches participants in preparing themselves for the job market including personal assessment, resume development, personal branding, networking and interviewing.
Key Responsibilities & Deliverables:
- Supports job seeker clients in setting job search/transition objectives while developing realistic work plans to achieve results
- Actively engages clients in services by monitoring their participation and progress against plans and proactively scheduling them for regular in-person meetings
- Creates innovative and strategic business solutions for client job seekers; applies local market knowledge, business experience, information and analytical perspectives to improve and accelerate participants’ success
- Provides career coaching at all levels with the objective of achieving tangible and timely outcomes with participants
- Delivers engaging, impactful presentations, presenting concepts clearly and concisely; applies learning principles to seminar design/delivery and appropriately adjusts presentations to meet the needs of the audience
- Leverages marketplace connections to make select and key introductions for clients
- Directly responsible for developing materials to include: resumes, online profiles, bios and correspondence for job seeker clients
- Provide ongoing client updates to Career Transition leadership both written and verbal including monthly reports
Ideal Candidate Profile
Our ideal Senior Consultant has a demonstrated ability to coach and provide effective, professional feedback and career transition/job search techniques and strategy to individuals and groups at all levels including senior business executives in career transition. S/he develops, delivers and facilitates impactful presentations to individuals and groups, engaging workshops and discussions; strong, active listening skills.
The successful Contract Senior Consultant recognizes problems and responds with a sense of urgency, using good judgment; makes timely, thoughtful, sometimes difficult decisions; seeks and accepts input from others; has effective influencing skills. S/he is comfortable working independently as well as in following policies and protocols; comfortable with ambiguity and change in an evolving business environment. S/he has strong written, verbal and non-verbal communication and interpersonal skills, and has demonstrated experience with job search best practices, report queries, project management and critical thinking skills.
Proficiency with PC and MAC platforms is desirable with expert use of Office including Word, PowerPoint and Excel and copyediting is essential.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Human Resources, Adult Education, or similar 5+ years of experience in business management, consultant services, human resources, recruiting/placement, training & development and at least 2 years career coaching required, in an institutional customer-paid environment preferred.
To Be Considered
We are committed to hiring a diverse workforce. Please send cover letter and resume to Kate Lang, Vice President, Career Transition Services email@example.com.