Join Our Team
Our consultants and associates work on projects
with deep impact in our community.
Careers at Waldron
Do you share our passion for helping people and organizations realize their full potential? Our consultants and associates work on projects with deep impact in our community.
Whether it's helping a growing NGO rapidly build capacity and increase their impact, or helping an individual leader become more effective, the ripple effect of our work is exceptional.
We work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment that offers ample opportunity for challenge, intellectual stimulation, and professional development. Our work requires a high degree of cultural competency and an exceptional level of communication and leadership skill.
If you are interested in hearing about future openings at Waldron, please email us at email@example.com.
Waldron is a leading Western U.S. based for-benefit consulting firm serving clients in the private and social sectors. For over 30 years, Waldron has helped organizations and individuals realize their full potential and sharpen their competitive edge. Across our four practice areas — Retained Search, Leadership Consulting, Executive Coaching, and Career Transition — we design creative, flexible solutions that are executed with individualized attention and thoughtful client service resulting in measurable impact. We assist regional, national, and global clients with a full range of talent management services and are proud to be a Certified B Corporation™. Waldron is in the midst of a significant expansion and has achieved unprecedented growth across the business for the past several years.
Waldron values inclusion, diversity, and social responsibility. We demonstrate these attributes not only in our service delivery across practice areas, but also internally as part of our overall corporate identity.
- Search Project Manager/Recruiter, Executive Search - San Francisco
As a key member of Waldron’s Executive Search team, the Recruiter plays an integral role in ensuring high-quality service is delivered to both internal and external stakeholders. The successful candidate is a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced and goal-oriented environment. This position involves direct engagement with clients, candidates who are seeking executive-level positions, and Waldron staff. The role requires superb written and verbal communication, along with demonstrated project management skills and a strong orientation towards internal and external customer service. Displaying a proactive and collaborative workstyle, the Recruiter will anticipate needs, effectively tailor his/her communication style to various audiences and be comfortable managing up to senior staff within the company. An aptitude for systems, technology and research are also critical to undertaking the responsibilities of this position.
- Draft and monitor search timeline, forecasting milestones and ensuring execution against deadline-driven goals
- Manage up, across, and down to other team members, ensuring searches are progressing according to the timeline
- Anticipate team, client, and candidate needs, providing required information and support
- Provide timely, professional administrative support and communication, sending and responding to emails and phone calls
- Manage data in the applicant tracking system, ensuring accurate records and notes
- Coordinate and schedule meeting logistics and interviews
- Play a consultative role with all relevant stakeholders, generating ideas, resources and strategic perspectives to move searches forward to completion
- Partner closely with the Search Lead to support and staff that individual, while also serving as a thought partner
- Build relationships with both clients and candidates, serving as a trusted source of information and support throughout the search process
- Train and mentor Waldron Search Associates and Senior Associates, as appropriate
- Translate position profiles into research and sourcing strategies to identify prospective candidates and referral sources
- Conduct outreach calls and interviews, assessing potential fit between candidates and position requirements
- Write and deliver candidate evaluations to Search Leads and clients, when appropriate
Our ideal Recruiter is an enthusiastic champion of our clients’ missions and demonstrates a commitment to the social sector. The selected candidate will be a natural collaborator with well-honed project management skills, with a keen understanding of how to move with urgency without sacrificing details. The ability to manage multiple search projects simultaneously with a high degree of accuracy and timeliness, while demonstrating flexibility in the face of changing project needs, is essential. An excellent communicator with superior interpersonal skills, the ideal candidate will be comfortable interacting with experienced professionals via email, phone, and in-person to discuss the particulars of a search.
Leading with a sense of humility and a team-oriented attitude, the incoming Recruiter will bring strong customer service skills and a natural inclination towards thorough follow up and follow through. The selected candidate will be an individual who is adept at understanding and navigating nuanced environments that require critical thinking and an ability to synthesize information.
A bachelor's degree and/or five to seven years of relevant professional experience are required. While recruitment experience is not required, the successful candidate must be passionate about the objective of placing the right candidate in the right role.
Waldron values differences and believes they make us a stronger organization. We are committed to attracting and retaining qualified talent from diverse backgrounds and creating a work environment that values every individual for his or her distinctive skills, experiences, and perspectives.
To Be Considered
Please send a cover letter and resume to Loribeth Dalton, Managing Director, Talent at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Senior Consultant – Contract Career Transition Practice - Multiple Locations
Waldron’s passion is helping people and organizations realize their full potential and increase their impact. Across our Career Transition practice, we are known for our responsiveness, discretion, compassion, sound strategic counsel, and deep local connections. Our consultative approach helps business leaders resolve their critical talent development, alignment, and transition challenges. Our equity ownership of Career Partners International (CPI) allows us to seamlessly serve our clients on a global footprint. Waldron seeks a Senior Consultant for its Career Transition practice with the same commitment to helping people and organizations realize their full potential. Waldron is always seeking to identify high-potential team members; we accept contract Senior Consultants submissions for any of our locations on an ongoing basis. Our offices that provide Career Transition services include Seattle, Portland, Phoenix, Salt Lake City, and Boise.
The primary role is to provide one-on-one coaching and group services to professionals in career transition. A contracted Senior Consultant trains and coaches participants in preparing themselves for the job market including personal assessment, resume development, personal branding, networking and interviewing.
Key Responsibilities & Deliverables:
- Supports job seeker clients in setting job search/transition objectives while developing realistic work plans to achieve results
- Actively engages clients in services by monitoring their participation and progress against plans and proactively scheduling them for regular in-person meetings
- Creates innovative and strategic business solutions for client job seekers; applies local market knowledge, business experience, information and analytical perspectives to improve and accelerate participants’ success
- Provides career coaching at all levels with the objective of achieving tangible and timely outcomes with participants
- Delivers engaging, impactful presentations, presenting concepts clearly and concisely; applies learning principles to seminar design/delivery and appropriately adjusts presentations to meet the needs of the audience
- Leverages marketplace connections to make select and key introductions for clients
- Directly responsible for developing materials to include: resumes, online profiles, bios and correspondence for job seeker clients
- Provide ongoing client updates to Career Transition leadership both written and verbal including monthly reports
Ideal Candidate Profile
Our ideal Senior Consultant has a demonstrated ability to coach and provide effective, professional feedback and career transition/job search techniques and strategy to individuals and groups at all levels including senior business executives in career transition. S/he develops, delivers and facilitates impactful presentations to individuals and groups, engaging workshops and discussions; strong, active listening skills.
The successful Contract Senior Consultant recognizes problems and responds with a sense of urgency, using good judgment; makes timely, thoughtful, sometimes difficult decisions; seeks and accepts input from others; has effective influencing skills. S/he is comfortable working independently as well as in following policies and protocols; comfortable with ambiguity and change in an evolving business environment. S/he has strong written, verbal and non-verbal communication and interpersonal skills, and has demonstrated experience with job search best practices, report queries, project management and critical thinking skills.
Proficiency with PC and MAC platforms is desirable with expert use of Office including Word, PowerPoint and Excel and copyediting is essential.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Human Resources, Adult Education, or similar 5+ years of experience in business management, consultant services, human resources, recruiting/placement, training & development and at least 2 years career coaching required, in an institutional customer-paid environment preferred.
To Be Considered
We are committed to hiring a diverse workforce. Please send cover letter and resume to Kate Lang, Vice President, Career Transition Services email@example.com.