Join Our Team
Our consultants and associates work on projects
with deep impact in our community.
Careers at Waldron
Do you share our passion for helping people and organizations realize their full potential? Our consultants and associates work on projects with deep impact in our community.
Whether it's helping a growing NGO rapidly build capacity and increase their impact, or helping an individual leader become more effective, the ripple effect of our work is exceptional.
We work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment that offers ample opportunity for challenge, intellectual stimulation, and professional development. Our work requires a high degree of cultural competency and an exceptional level of communication and leadership skill.
If you are interested in hearing about future openings at Waldron, please email us at email@example.com.
Waldron is a leading Western U.S. based for-benefit consulting firm serving clients in the private and social sectors. For over 30 years, Waldron has helped organizations and individuals realize their full potential and sharpen their competitive edge. Across our four practice areas — Retained Search, Leadership Consulting, Executive Coaching, and Career Transition — we design creative, flexible solutions that are executed with individualized attention and thoughtful client service resulting in measurable impact. We assist regional, national, and global clients with a full range of talent management services and are proud to be a Certified B Corporation™. Waldron is in the midst of a significant expansion and has achieved unprecedented growth across the business for the past several years.
- Senior Associate, Career Transition Client Services - Seattle, WA
The Career Transition (CT) Senior Associate supports participants and their consultants on special projects that enhance the value of service our clients receive. This position is setup as in independent contributor within a team. Reporting directly to the Career Transition VP, the Senior Associate will receive project requests from the VP, President, and Senior Consultants on the CT team. It is the Senior Associate’s responsibility to complete and manage projects within the given service level agreements—in addition to projects needed for internal operations or to help cover/support team members. The Senior Associate also works closely with the company President to support his CT clients on an on-going basis throughout their program.
Key Responsibilities include:
Below are the main responsibilities in this role and the average time allocated to each category per week. This is a general guideline, as the proportion of time spent will change depending on project needs.
- Client Research 40%: Provide background information on companies or individuals a participant will be interviewing with; find and create lists of relevant recruiter contacts, companies for a participant to target, or job opportunities.
- Administration 25%: Manage consulting invoicing process; attend team and 1:1 meetings; produce weekly reports and track time; update Waldron Career Group LinkedIn page with meaningful content.
- Resume Support 10%: Format resumes for better readability and professionalism or to a specific template; assist with content development; proofread and review for best practices.
- Personal Brand Writing: 10%: Write individualized content for LinkedIn summaries, networking bios, or professional summaries.
- Client Meetings 5%: Attend meetings for participants supported by the company President and provide logistical and administrative support for those meetings. Meet with clients directly to conduct mock interviews, or to join in consulting sessions as requested.
- Internal Initiatives 5%: Design and improve internal systems; conduct training and prepare materials.
- Miscellaneous Projects, As Assigned 5%: Provide support for coworkers and ad-hoc consultant needs; assist with internal projects and event logistics; present roundtable topics.
Ideal Candidate Profile
Our ideal candidate will be an independent self-starter with a sense of personal ownership for her/his work. S/he should be comfortable working closely with executives and a range of personalities while providing a professional and personal level of service. This position requires someone with keen insight for reading people and understanding nuanced differences between individuals. It is critical that s/he is very socially adept and has appropriately strong presence—projecting strength, competence, and confidence to establish creditability with internal and external clients. S/he must also have a proven ability to self-manage multiple deadlines and give thorough attention to research and deliverables—as well as to learn quickly, ask clarifying questions, research, synthesize relevant information, and to clearly communicate both verbally and in writing. S/he should enjoy working independently and find conducting research to be enjoyable and satisfying. The role requires a blend of analytics and creative professional writing expertise.
Preferred candidates will have at least 3 years of full time professional work experience, preferably in the corporate sector. S/he would also have knowledge of resume best practices, a broad understanding of business roles and industries, branding/communications, and/or HR. S/he must be comfortable with MAC platforms and proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and database management.
To Be Considered
We are committed to hiring a diverse workforce. Please send your resume and a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org in attention to Loribeth.
- Senior Consultant – Contract Career Transition Practice - Multiple Locations
Waldron’s passion is helping people and organizations realize their full potential and increase their impact. Across our Career Transition practice, we are known for our responsiveness, discretion, compassion, sound strategic counsel, and deep local connections. Our consultative approach helps business leaders resolve their critical talent development, alignment, and transition challenges. Our equity ownership of Career Partners International (CPI) allows us to seamlessly serve our clients on a global footprint. Waldron seeks a Senior Consultant for its Career Transition practice with the same commitment to helping people and organizations realize their full potential. Waldron is always seeking to identify high-potential team members; we accept contract Senior Consultants submissions for any of our locations on an ongoing basis. Our offices that provide Career Transition services include Seattle, Portland, Phoenix, Salt Lake City, and Boise.
The primary role is to provide one-on-one coaching and group services to professionals in career transition. A contracted Senior Consultant trains and coaches participants in preparing themselves for the job market including personal assessment, resume development, personal branding, networking and interviewing.
Key Responsibilities & Deliverables:
- Supports job seeker clients in setting job search/transition objectives while developing realistic work plans to achieve results
- Actively engages clients in services by monitoring their participation and progress against plans and proactively scheduling them for regular in-person meetings
- Creates innovative and strategic business solutions for client job seekers; applies local market knowledge, business experience, information and analytical perspectives to improve and accelerate participants’ success
- Provides career coaching at all levels with the objective of achieving tangible and timely outcomes with participants
- Delivers engaging, impactful presentations, presenting concepts clearly and concisely; applies learning principles to seminar design/delivery and appropriately adjusts presentations to meet the needs of the audience
- Leverages marketplace connections to make select and key introductions for clients
- Directly responsible for developing materials to include: resumes, online profiles, bios and correspondence for job seeker clients
- Provide ongoing client updates to Career Transition leadership both written and verbal including monthly reports
Ideal Candidate Profile
Our ideal Senior Consultant has a demonstrated ability to coach and provide effective, professional feedback and career transition/job search techniques and strategy to individuals and groups at all levels including senior business executives in career transition. S/he develops, delivers and facilitates impactful presentations to individuals and groups, engaging workshops and discussions; strong, active listening skills.
The successful Contract Senior Consultant recognizes problems and responds with a sense of urgency, using good judgment; makes timely, thoughtful, sometimes difficult decisions; seeks and accepts input from others; has effective influencing skills. S/he is comfortable working independently as well as in following policies and protocols; comfortable with ambiguity and change in an evolving business environment. S/he has strong written, verbal and non-verbal communication and interpersonal skills, and has demonstrated experience with job search best practices, report queries, project management and critical thinking skills.
Proficiency with PC and MAC platforms is desirable with expert use of Office including Word, PowerPoint and Excel and copyediting is essential.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Human Resources, Adult Education, or similar 5+ years of experience in business management, consultant services, human resources, recruiting/placement, training & development and at least 2 years career coaching required, in an institutional customer-paid environment preferred.
To Be Considered
We are committed to hiring a diverse workforce. Please send cover letter and resume to Kate Lang, Vice President, Career Transition Services email@example.com.
- Research & Sourcing Associate - Executive Search - Seattle, WA or Portland, OR
Waldron assists regional, national, and global clients with a full range of talent management services and are proud to be a Certified B Corporation™. Across our three main practice areas — retained search, effective organizations, and career transition — we design creative, flexible solutions that are executed with individualized attention and thoughtful client service, resulting in measurable impact.
Our retained executive search practice is a dedicated partner to the social sector, identifying leaders who will make transformative contributions to private and corporate philanthropies, NGOs, nonprofits, and other social enterprise organizations with whom we work. We have earned a strong reputation for success in carrying out searches for key leaders and board members to help organizations fulfill their mission and mandate. We are known for our subject matter expertise, discretion, judgment, care, sound strategic counsel, and our extensive network in the social sector.
Waldron seeks a Research and Sourcing Associate for our Executive Search practice with the same commitment and passion we bring to our work.
Waldron is recruiting a Research & Sourcing Associate for its executive search practice who is interested in contributing to the success of a fast-pace, entrepreneurial organization. We are passionate about our work in the social sector and this is an exciting opportunity to not only make an impact in our own organization, but also in the broader community in which we work.
This role will provide support throughout the search process; backgrounding, identifying and sourcing prospective candidates, and database management will all be important aspects of the job. As a key member of the search team, the Research & Sourcing Associate will uncover target industry leaders utilizing Boolean search, database scrubbing, use of Waldron’s existing networks, event lists, social media, sourcing tools, and industry research. The Research & Sourcing Associate will partner with members of the search team to design and develop candidate generation plans designed to reach highly accomplished and diverse candidates in an efficient manner. The position will handle multiple projects with an eye towards helping our search team deliver our services on time while exceeding our clients’ expectations.
The Associate must be a diligent worker who enjoys the process of sourcing and recruiting. The search team works across offices in Seattle, San Francisco and Portland, so the Associate must be proactive about communicating with the various members of the search team. The ability to deftly move between projects and juggle multiple priorities at once will serve candidates well. A knowledge or interest in the social sector is highly desired.
We seek candidates who are analytical and creative about the research and sourcing process, and can work diligently to find new ways to reach candidates. We seek a service-oriented, positive, driven, and committed personality who can work independently towards clear targets and have an organized and structured approach.
A college degree and one to four years of experience is required. The Research & Sourcing Associate must be proficient with Microsoft Office, Salesforce, or another CRM system, preferably in a Mac environment. One to three years of sourcing, recruiting, or corporate or donor research related experience is needed for success in this position. Demonstrated skill in advanced research techniques via social media and internet sourcing is required.
We are committed to hiring a diverse workforce. To be considered, please submit your resume and cover letter to Loribeth Dalton, VP Talent firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Search Associate / Recruiting Coordinator - Seattle, WA
As a key member of Waldron’s Search team, the Associate plays an integral role in ensuring high-quality service is delivered to Waldron clients. The successful candidate will be a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, highly entrepreneurial, and goal-oriented environment. A demonstrated ability to use the internet, databases, and other technology-based tools to gather data and to communicate with networks and individuals, and to solve process and technical/system challenges, is essential. This position requires direct contact with clients, candidates who are seeking executive-level positions, and Waldron staff. The following skills are essential to the role: a superior research aptitude using a variety of internet and social media techniques, ability to effectively manage processes, databases, and software functionality to achieve objectives, excellent project and time management, strong written and verbal communication skills, and solutions-based critical thinking.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Research: Work with the Retained Search team in developing research strategies to identify candidates for positions, including constructing company target lists and researching candidate profiles; creating source lists based on the approved position description; conducting internet research to identify additional potential candidates and sources; and organizing data and research findings into reports.
- Visibility and Outreach: Manage processes related to visibility and outreach to candidates, such as posting to external websites (including LinkedIn), managing internal processes for outreach to potential candidates, and ensuring data integrity of Salesforce database to reflect all candidate interaction.
- Search Operations: Provide general operational and administrative support to individual searches, such as setup of searches in various databases, preparation of electronic and paper materials for clients and candidates, etc.
- Administrative Support: Administrative tasks as needed including correspondence and scheduling, event organization, documenting processes, updating materials, etc.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
Ideal Candidate Profile
Our ideal Associate will have a strong affinity for collaboration; a successful track record of being an effective team player, and enjoy using data and technology to solve problems. S/he will know how to move with urgency when prioritizing and completing tasks, with the demonstrated ability to deliver results. S/he will be an enthusiastic champion of our clients' needs and demonstrate a commitment to taking a hands-on approach to the work.
The ability to manage multiple search projects simultaneously with a high degree of accuracy and timeliness, while demonstrating flexibility in the face of changing project needs, is essential. An excellent communicator with superior interpersonal skills, the ideal candidate must be comfortable interacting with experienced professionals via email, phone, and in-person to discuss the particulars of a search. Candidates must be friendly, proactive, approachable, flexible, professional, diligent, detail-oriented, and know how to set a high personal performance bar and meet it.
A bachelor's degree and one year of relevant professional experience are required. The successful candidate must be passionate about the objective of placing the right candidate in the right role, while supporting the mission-driven work of the organizations we serve.
To Be Considered
We are committed to hiring a diverse workforce. Please send your resume and a cover letter explaining your interest in the role to Vice President of Talent and Administration, Loribeth Dalton, at email@example.com for consideration.