Qualifications and Experience
Candidates should have a minimum of 10 years of demonstrated success in developing, accelerating, measuring, and influencing growth of entrepreneurial organizations.
Experience should include:
- Proven ability to evaluate an investment opportunity, business case development or other due diligence related work.
- Knowledge of a wide variety of investment tools, including grants and program-related or mission-related investments, as well as debt and equity as applied in an impact context.
- Significant experience living and/or working outside of one's culture of origin and in proximity to the world’s most pressing problems.
- Demonstrated excellence in verbal and written communications.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required; an advanced degree is optional.
- Must be available for international travel.
- Foreign language proficiency; highly desirable are Portuguese, Spanish, French, Hindi, Tamil, or other Indian language family.
The new Principal should have firsthand experience with the challenges of social entrepreneurship. Direct experience with grassroots social change, investigative journalism, policy advocacy, or entrepreneurial organizational development and capacity building is strongly preferred.
A multi-sector background including experience in a grant-funded organization, with a funder or collaborative funding partnership, and in the for-profit sector, is advantageous.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.