- A minimum of 10 years of demonstrated success in developing, accelerating, measuring, and influencing growth of entrepreneurial organizations
- Investment and/or portfolio management in an international context
- Due diligence for investment purposes
- Knowledge of a wide variety of investment tools, including grants and program-related or mission-related investments, as well as debt and equity as applied in an impact context
- Time living and working in the developing world
- Demonstrated excellence in verbal and written communications
- A Bachelor’s degree is required; an advanced degree can be useful but is not required
- Must be available for international travel
- Foreign language proficiency; highly desirable are Portuguese, Spanish, French, Hindi, Tamil, or other Indian language family
Direct experience with grassroots social change, policy advocacy, or entrepreneurial organizational development and capacity building is strongly preferred.
A multi-sector background including experience in a grant-funded organization, with a funder or collaborative funding partnership, and in the for-profit sector, is advantageous.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.